Our Policies and Penalties
Welcome to Love-Scooter, your reliable scooter rental in Porto! We strive to provide our customers with a smooth and enjoyable rental experience. To ensure that our customers are aware of our policies and regulations, we would like to inform you about our penalties for rental scooters.
- Empty deposit: 15€;
- Returning the scooter after the established time: 30€;
- Loss or damage of helmet: 40€ (per helmet);
- Loss of key: 150€;
- Loss or damage of mobile support: 20€;
- Loss or damage of top case: 75€;
- Loss or damage of locking mechanism: 12€;
- Loss or damage of lock cord: 12€;
- Late Return: If you return the scooter after the designated time, you will be charged an additional fee of €10 for every hour of delay.
- Fueling error: 150€; Flat tire: 30€;
- Empty tank: 15€
- Loss or Damage to Basic Helmet – 30€;
- Loss or Damage to Premium Helmet – 50€.
- Theft of the scooter: If the customer does not have at least the Premium insurance, which has a franchise of 660€, the customer is responsible for paying the total cost of the equipment at the acquisition cost, deducting the value of the deposit. If the customer has the Premium insurance, he/she only has to pay the franchise of 660€. Important note: The Premium insurance for theft coverage only works if the customer has the scooter key.
- Damages to the scooter: If the customer does not have at least the Premium insurance, which has a deductible of 660€, the customer is responsible for paying for all damages caused to it, the repair cost will be determined by the workshop indicated by Love Scooter. The value will be deducted from the deposit. If the customer has the Premium insurance, only has to pay the 660€ deductible. Important note: If the damages caused to the scooter are the customer’s responsibility due to the misuse of alcohol or psychotropic substances or any other that affect the driving capacity, the insurer declines any responsibility and the customer is responsible for paying for all damages caused to the Love Scooter scooter as well as all damages caused to third parties involved.
- Tolls: The scooters provided by Love Scooter do not have an electronic toll-passing device, so the payment of tolls is the responsibility of the customer.
- Fines and traffic violations: All fines and traffic violations are the responsibility of the customer. In order to comply with all legal provisions and under the GDPR, Love Scooter is obliged to communicate to the authorities all personal data of the customer.
- Cross-border rental: It is not allowed to visit neighboring countries. If the customer leaves mainland Portugal, the fine is 800€.
By following the rules and regulations, you can ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable rental experience with Love-Scooter. Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to providing you with an unforgettable ride in Porto.